Costumes, Rehearsals, and Fun oh My!
This past Sunday we did a press photo shoot with some of our principle actors; the cover shot on the email was from the shoot. The costumes look amazing and our actors were glowing. If that doesn’t get you and your actor excited, we’ve got something else up our sleeve 😉
To get everyone in the mood, prior to opening night we put together a Wizard of Oz Dinner and Movie night at the J on Thursday, March 21. I think our actors will have a blast and can bond even more before they take the stage. Must RSVP – click here to RSVP.
Rehearsals this Sunday were fantastic! Our actors are in the thick of it and we couldn’t be prouder of their dedication and commitment. Both casts worked on the Winkie Dance. Hearts were pumping, feet were moving, and they did great! We are super impressed with everyone’s progress. Both casts also dug deeper into character-development and blocking. As the weeks continue, it will be super important that our actors practice at home. Practice, practice, practice. Retention between rehearsals is key. The expectation is that everyone is off-book by Sunday!
I have a few more marketing materials for anyone who would like to hang a few posters at school, around town…you name it. I will have the at the front during pick-up.
Electronic Resource Library
PLEASE share this with your actor. This section is designed to assist them between rehearsals. Happy practicing!
CLICK HERE FOR ELECTRONIC RESOURCE LIBRARY
This week we focused on the importance responsibility – facing our problems rather than running from them. Dorothy ran away and got swept up in a tornado. Perhaps asking for the support from family and friends from the get-go would have been a better option.
Emerald City & Ruby Slippers
- We officially finished blocking the entire show! Everyone should be proud of themselves.
- We started working with the tracks today. It is important for the actors to practice with the track so they can get used to the timing.
- Emerald City will be spending next week’s rehearsal dedicated to polishing Act 1.
- Ruby Slippers will be spending next week’s rehearsal focused on principle numbers and scenes, and crows.
- Both cast’s actors will not be allowed to have their script with them on stage, but they can call line. Show biz time!
- It is more important for the actors to practice their choreography as well.
- Actors spent the last few minutes of rehearsal showing their appreciation for their fellow cast and crew members and noted moments where they took responsibility today (as per the theme).
We Found Both of Our Totos!
In addition to Monkey who will star in our Ruby Slippers cast, Pickles will be starring in our Emerald City cast. Both are rescues; we are so grateful!
Rehearsal – Sunday, February 24
- Everyone should arrive promptly at 1:30 pm.
- Emerald City Cast will meet in the Senior Assembly Room.
- Ruby Slippers Cast will meet in Fruhman B downstairs.
- Pick-up will be at 5:30 pm in the lobby.
- Please remind our performers to bring their scripts, folder, character development sheet, pencil, and a highlighter.
- Please pack a healthy snack and a water bottle.
- Wear clothes you can easily move in with sneakers or bring your jazz/dance shoes.
Marketing Materials & Social Media
If you want to be a part of spreading the word about Wizard of Oz performances, please meet at the lobby rounder this Sunday at drop-off at 5:30 to pick up the materials. We have several posters left. Thank you to everyone who so eagerly agreed to help! And a big shout-out to those who are engaging on social media! Please join the conversation.
Mark Your Calendars – Costume Fittings
- Emerald City will have costume fittings on Sunday, March 17
- Ruby Slippers will have costume fittings on Sunday, March 24.
How it Works?
I will send you an email with your time slot. Costume fittings happen BEFORE rehearsals starting around 10:00/10:30 am. For those who are absent on the assigned day, I will provide you with an alternative date. I have the conflicts from your auditions form not to worry. It’s always an exciting time. Stay tuned.
Wizard of Oz-Themed Community Events
Find Your Toto: Sunday, March 3 from 12 – 2 pm.
Toto-themed adoption day with Humane Society of Dallas
- We are partnering with the Humane Society of Dallas County by hosting an adoption day at the J. Come see furry friends that need homes and maybe you end up with a new family member to call your own.
- In addition to the adoption event, we will be collecting donations for items needed by the Humane Society. Look for bins around the J to drop off canned dog and cat food, dried dog and cat food, cat toys, dog treats (medium to large), bleach, liquid laundry soap, dish soap, and Clorox wipes.
Wizard of Oz Movie Night & Dinner: Thursday, March 21 at 5 pm
- Come sing along and watch this iconic movie as we get ourselves excited and geared up for our live performances. It’s a great night to share with friends and/or family.
- $5 per person.
- Click here for details and to RSVP
Purchase Your Tickets – Buy Early & Save!
Please spread the word about Wizard of Oz to friends and family.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Reminder About Healthy Snacks
Please continue to do your best to provide healthy snacks, low in sugar. Healthy, low-sugar snacks help to keep our performers engaged, focused, and on task. Actors will not be allowed to use the vending machines.
Performing Arts Camps – StarQuest only has 10 spots left!
Ask someone who has attended our performing arts camps and they will tell you – Camp StarQuest and Camp StarPower rock! Want to learn more…call (214-239-7140) or email me (email@example.com). I would love to tell you all about it. Please register today to save your spot.
- Click here for to learn more about JPAS Camps, StarQuest, and StarPower.
- Click here for registration forms.
Looking forward seeing everyone this Sunday!