August 13, 2021: The fitness center will be closed from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
During that time, our bi-annual preventive maintenance work and deep cleaning will take place on our exercise equipment.
May 30 – September 5
Make sure you’re part of the action. Anyone 13 years old or older can compete. #GetFitSummerChallenge
WORKOUT IN COMFORT
The J’s Sports and Fitness Complex has your safety in mind with everything you need to get a full workout. Our updated health and safety policies will provide peace of mind to all our members. The J Sports Complex is much more than a gym – we have an indoor lap pool with 6 lanes, a warm water pool, an outdoor pool (open Memorial Day to Labor day), 8 lighted outdoor tennis courts, soccer fields, 3 basketball courts, a gymnastics gym, studios for spin classes, Yoga and Pilates, FREE virtual and in-person fitness classes and more!
Our fitness center provides world-class equipment and unmatched facilities including full-body workout cardio equipment with personal TV screens, free weights, and selectorized machines. After your workout, enjoy the full-service locker rooms.
Fitness Center Information
Please review our COVID-19 policies by clicking here
All guests and visitors must sign a waiver before exercising. All members are urged to attend a fitness orientation, which includes an overview of the rules and proper usage of the fitness facility and the equipment.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all members, please observe the following policies:
- The fitness floor is for members only. Non-members and program participants are not permitted to utilize the fitness floor equipment.
- All training/coaching must be done by an approved JCC trainer/coach. Exceptions may be made for individuals within the same family. Any unaffiliated individual who is witnessed training/coaching may have their membership terminated.
- Members 16+ years old may use the fitness center without direct supervision.
- Members 12-15 years old may use the fitness center without adult supervision so long as they:
- Use equipment appropriately and with regard to personal safety
- Are respectful to staff and other members
- Follow all other building and fitness center policies
- Members 12-15 years old who do not adhere to set restrictions will lose independent privileges and will be required to have direct adult supervision while using the fitness center.
- Children 10-12 may exercise on the track, or cardio equipment with direct adult supervision.
- Children who are 9 years old or younger are not permitted on the fitness floor at any time.
- Direct supervision is defined as: When a parent or guardian is with the person they are supervising side by side at all times.
- The facility is not responsible for personal belongings or lost or stolen items.
- Member should wear appropriate attire in the fitness center. Unauthorized clothing includes: Open-toed shoes (including crocs), Being barefoot, Any clothing that reveals mid-drift, exposed torso, or bare chest, Boy shorts or any shorts that are not 6inches from the waist, Any clothing that displays inappropriate symbols or language, Jeans/Denim fabric while using upholstered equipment, Offensive body odor or excessive cologne or perfume, Low hanging jewelry.
- Members who are not in authorized attire may be asked to change or to exit the fitness center
- All carried items (such as bags, backpacks, purses, tennis racquets, and cell phones) must be placed in a locker or cubby. Such items are not allowed onto the Fitness Center floor.
- Members should limit cell phone usage inside the Fitness Center. Cell phone usage while using strength or stretching equipment should be brief.
- Persistent or disruptive phone conversations on the fitness floor are prohibited.
- Phone usage on the track is prohibited. Members should remain un-distracted while using the track for the safety of themselves and others.
- Out of respect for all members, and staff, speakerphone conversations are prohibited on the fitness floor.
- Please help keep the machines clean. Remember to wipe down the equipment after each use.
- Members must observe daily track direction. Slower traffic must keep to the inside lane. Announce in advance when passing.
- Participants using the track have the right of way. Please look in both directions before crossing.
- Members should be considerate of others at all times. There should not be extended use of limited equipment or particular areas of the fitness floor. Members should be willing to work with others and to share limited equipment/spaces.
- Members are expected to communicate with each other to work on equipment. If a member notices someone using limited equipment for extended periods of time without being willing to work in with others, then they must communicate this to on-duty staff.
- Members must not wear weight belts when on equipment that contains upholstery
- Members should return dumbbells to the rack in the proper order.
- Members should move weights from the racks to the bars only. They should never set plates on the floor or lean them against equipment or walls.
- Do not drop, throw, or bang weights or dumbbells (this indicates a lack of proper technique and control).
- Members should utilize spotters when necessary.
- Members should show respect for equipment and facilities at all times; spitting in or defacing the facility is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion.
- Keep feet off walls.
- Tobacco, food, chewing gum, glass bottles, cans, alcohol, drugs, banned substances, are not allowed in the facility; plastic water bottles are acceptable.
- The fitness floor requires concentration. Horseplay, loud or offensive language, harassment, or disrespectful outburst will not be tolerated. This behavior may result in the expulsion of the fitness floor, suspension of membership, and/or termination of membership.
- Members should immediately report any facility-related injury, or facility or equipment irregularity to the on-duty staff.
- The staff offices are off-limits to members unless permission to use them is given.
- Staff may use the facilities for personal workouts if they do not interfere with the needs of the members.
- No equipment may leave the fitness facility without approval from the Fitness Director.
The on-duty staff has authority over all weight room conduct and use of equipment. Violation of any of the above may result in a suspension from the facility and possible loss of membership.
- Require a minimum of a 24-hour reservation.
Monday -Thursday from 8 am-12 pm
- Friday – CLOSED
- Saturday from 7 am – 12 pm
- Sunday from 7 am-4 pm
- Reservations must be made 7 days in advanced
- Monday – Thursday from 4 pm – 9 pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday – Closed
Evening Kid’s Club attendants will only be scheduled if appropriately scheduled reservations are made during these hours.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO JOINING
Step 1: Fill out the intake form and select the package.
Step 2: Log into the My J App, and make a reservation for desired day/time.
Step 3: Bring your child to Kid’s Club at your reserved time.
- Drop in: $10 per hour, per child.
- Unlimited: $25 per month, per membership.
- Unlimited Max: $50 per month, per membership.
- 3 months – 9 years old
- Drop In: Members can purchase a drop in reservation for one hour, for each child they are bringing to Kid’s Club. They will then make the reservation at least 24hrs in advance for daytime hours, or 7 days in advance for evening hours. Drop in passes will expire in 7 days after initial purchase. A reservation must be made within those 7 days after a purchase of a drop in pass.
- Unlimited: Members can purchase an unlimited kid’s club package online. They can then make a one hour reservation for each child they plan to bring that is listed on their family membership. This one hour reservation must be the same hour for each child, but multiple reservations must be made for each child. These reservations need to be made 24hrs in advance for daytime hours, and 7 days in advance for evening hours.
- Unlimited Max: Members can purchase an unlimited max kid’s club package online. They can then make up to 2 1hour reservations for each child they plan to bring that is listed on their family membership. Each hour reservation must be the same hour for each child, but multiple reservations must be made for each child. These reservations need to be made 24hrs in advance for daytime hours, and 7 days in advance for evening hours.
- Drop in & Unlimited & Unlimited Max: Once reservations are made, their payment will be verified by the S&F Operations Manager, Assistant S&F Operations Manager, the S&F General Manager, or a Kid’s Club Attendant. Once this is verified they may drop their child(ren) off at Kid’s Club at the time of their reservation.
View Terms and Conditions
- If a member is early to drop off, they must wait for a Kid’s Club Attendant to bring their child into the room and check them in.
- If a reservation is made without the required advance time, the reservations will be automatically canceled and the member will be notified.
- If a reservation is made by an unlimited package or unlimited max package member that is for a child that is not listed on their family membership, the reservation will be canceled and the member will be notified.
- No member will be allowed to make reservations that accumulate to exceed 2hrs per day. Any reservation being made that exceeds an individual’s 2hrs per day limit will be automatically canceled and the member will be notified.
- If a member does not arrive for 3 consecutive reservations, without notifying proper personnel at least an hour in advance, they may be placed on a temporary probation from making additional reservations.
- If a member does not arrive to 5 total reservations in a 30 period, with or without notice, they may be placed on a temporary probation from making additional reservations.
- If a member is placed on a temporary probation for any reason more than 3 times in a fiscal year, they may be subject to a ban from Kid’s Club services up to indefinitely.
- Drop in passes do not roll over past their expiration date. No refund will be given for a drop in pass that is purchased, but not used to make a reservation before the expiration date of the pass. Exceptions may be made for individuals affected by the COVID-19 Virus.
- No refund will be given for a drop in pass that resulted in a no-show for the reservation made for said pass that was not canceled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Drop in passes are non-transferable to other members. Reservations that are made within a drop in expiration window may be changed with at least 72hr advance notice.
- Drop in passes that have not expired may be refunded upon request at least 72hrs in advance before reservation time, or 72hrs before expiration date of the pass if no reservation has been made.
- Unlimited and Unlimited Max packages may be refunded anytime within the month purchased so long as no reservations have been made by the purchaser of said package. First time users of Kid’s Club (after re-opening 2022), may use Kid’s Club on an Unlimited or Unlimited Max package for 7 days and still receive a refund for the month. If no refund is requested before the end of the month of purchase, or if reservations are made past the first 7 days of purchase, then no refund will be issued.
- No purchase of Unlimited Max package may be “downgraded” to unlimited package during the month of purchase. If an individual is making automatic payments for Unlimited Max package, they must give 30 day notice to downgrade to Unlimited package.
- No refund or pro-rated price will be given to Unlimited Max Package purchase for non-usage of added benefits.
- No refund will be given to unlimited or unlimited max package purchase that has made a reservation, regardless of attendance.
- No refund will be given to unlimited or unlimited max package purchases after the month of purchase, regardless of the usage of said package.
- No refund or pro-rated pricing will be given to anyone who is placed on probation for any reason.
- No refund or pro-rated pricing will be offered to anyone who does not utilize the full time of their particular package, including one-hour drop-in passes.
- Any refund request that does not fall under existing policy scenarios, that is for the reasoning of extraneous circumstances such as injury, illness, emergencies, etc, but be approved by the S&F Operations Manager, Assistant S&F Operations Manager, and the S&F General Manager.
- Drop-in reservations must be paid for before the reservation is made.
- Any additional hour reservation being made for an individual, whether it be an additional hour for the same child or an additional hour for a different child, will be paid the same rate as another drop in reservation. This policy does not apply to unlimited max members.
- The unlimited package only covers one hour of the day. Multiple reservations must be made for each child and must be on the same hour time slot. Any additional hour per day will need to be paid as a drop-in for each hour and each child. Kid’s Club Attendants will send reports indicating who is going to be affected by this policy. Additional drop-off hours needing to be paid may be charged automatically to the owner of the Unlimited Package using the same card charged for the original purchase of the said package.
- Unlimited Max package covers the maximum accumulative 2-hour reservations limit for all children on their family members.
- If a reservation is made, but the payment is not verified, the reservation will be automatically canceled and the member will be notified of the cancelation and the reason.
- If a member is 15 or more minutes late picking up their child during operational hours, they will be required to purchase an additional drop-in pass. Automatic payments will be made for individuals with a card on file for the original purchase of a drop-in, unlimited package, or unlimited Max package. Frequent offenders or individuals without a card on file may be placed on temporary probation from making additional reservations.
- If a member is 5 or more minutes late picking up their child after operational hours, whether it is after daytime operational hours or evening operational hours, they will be required to make an additional drop-in pass. Automatic payments will be made for individuals with a card on file for the original purchase of a drop-in, unlimited package, or unlimited Max package. Frequent offenders or individuals without a card on file may be placed on temporary probation from making additional reservations.
The recovery suite has been designed to optimize our member’s recovery from exercise. It helps them with flexibility, injury prevention, and general health.
We offer different recovery modalities, including Normatec, Hypervolt percussion guns, vibrated foam roller, and NIMBL Theragun.
This is FREE to JCC members.
A reservation on the My J App is required.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
New at the J – Stretch Studio is an additional service that will be offered in the recovery suite.
- fascial stretch therapy- a technique done on a massage table that incorporates breathing, assisted stretching and assessments of everyday movements. Emphasis on hipflexors, spine, hamstrings and shoulders. Goal is to relieve tension and increase mobility. Participant is completely relaxed for the session.
- Percussion gun- quick tune up. Participant will be on a massage table while targeted areas are penetrated with the percussion gun. Great for aches, pains and relief in muscles and connective tissues.
Hours of Operation
Wednesday: 12:00 pm-7pm
15-minutes: $30 Members | $40 Non Members
30-minutes: $60 Members | $75 Non Members
90-minutes: $135 Members | $170 Non Members
Special – Three 1-hour sessions $220 Members | $275 Non Members
Fitness & Wellness Director
Lavalle Roberts is a native of Indianola, Mississippi. He obtained a B.S. in Drafting and Design technology from Jackson State University where he also played basketball. After years of working as an electrical engineer, he decided to pursue his passion for fitness in 2011. Lavalle’s passion is to see all ages physically be able to continue to do the things they enjoy. 214-239-7155 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- NASM certified personal trainer
- NASM corrective exercise certified
- NASM Speed and Agility certified
- Pre and Post Natal Certified
- Trigger Point Therapy certified
- Kettlebell I and II certified
Classes & Programs
Let's Get Social
[fts_instagram instagram_id=1175881178 access_token=1175881178.da06fb6.0da7826ff3904b67bf0d995d099eec47 pics_count=4 type=user profile_wrap=no super_gallery=yes columns=2 force_columns=no space_between_photos=1px icon_size=45px hide_date_likes_comments=no]