May 31 – September 6
Make sure you’re part of the action. Anyone 13 years old or older can compete; each participant, however, must have a unique email address. This fitness challenge is in place of the JCC Association’s 100 Days of Summer Fitness Challenge from previous years. #GetFitSummerChallenge
WORKOUT IN COMFORT
The J’s Sports and Fitness Complex has your safety in mind with everything you need to get a full workout. Our updated health and safety policies will provide peace of mind to all our members. The J Sports Complex is much more than a gym – we have an indoor lap pool with 6 lanes, a warm water pool, an outdoor pool (open Memorial Day to Labor day), 8 lighted outdoor tennis courts, soccer fields, 3 basketball courts, a gymnastics gym, studios for spin classes, Yoga and Pilates, FREE virtual and in-person fitness classes and more!
Our fitness center provides world-class equipment and unmatched facilities including full-body workout cardio equipment with personal TV screens, free weights, and selectorized machines. After your workout, enjoy the full-service locker rooms.
Fitness Center Information
Sports + Fitness Complex hours
- Monday – Thursday: 5 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 5 am – 6 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7 am – 6 pm
Masks Required Times:
- Monday – Thursday: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm & 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 am – 9:00 am & 1:00 pm 3:00 pm
Please review our COVID-19 policies by clicking here
All guests and visitors must sign a waiver before exercising. All members are urged to attend a fitness orientation, which includes an overview of the rules and proper usage of the fitness facility and the equipment.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all members, please observe the following policies:
- 16 and older are welcome to use the fitness center without adult supervision
- 13-15 year olds must be accompanied by a parent or coach/trainer to use our fitness equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, etc).
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to be on exercise equipment.
- Children 10-12 years old may exercise on the track.
- Children ages 5 – 9 who are well behaved may sit at the café tables.
- The facility is not responsible for personal belongings or lost or stolen items.
- Members should wear proper training attire, particularly shirts and athletic shoes, at all times. Bare feet and open toe shoes are not allowed in the fitness center. Jewelry such as loose necklaces, bracelets, hanging earrings, and watches should not be worn.
- All carried items (such as bags, backpacks, purses, tennis racquets, and cell phones) must be placed in a locker or cubby. Such items are not allowed onto the Fitness Center floor.
- Please limit cell phone use inside the Fitness Center. Using cell phones while operating equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Please help keep the machines clean. Remember to wipe down the equipment after each use.
- Members must observe daily track direction. Slower traffic must keep to the inside lane. Announce in advance when passing.
- Participants using the track have the right of way. Please look both directions before crossing.
- Be considerate of other people waiting to use the equipment. Allow others to work through on machines.
- Members must not wear weight belts when the belts could contact equipment upholstery.
- Members should return dumbbells to the rack in the proper order.
- Members should move weights from the racks to the bars only. They should never set plates on the floor or lean them against equipment or walls.
- Do not drop, throw, or bang weights or dumbbells (this indicates a lack of proper technique and control).
- Members should utilize spotters when necessary.
- Members should show respect for equipment and facilities at all times; spitting in or defacing the facility is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion.
- Keep feet off walls.
- Tobacco, food, chewing gum, glass bottles, cans, alcohol, drugs, banned substances, are not allowed in the facility; plastic water bottles are acceptable.
- The weight room requires concentration. Horseplay, loud or offensive language, or temper tantrums are not permitted.
- Members should immediately report any facility-related injury, or facility or equipment irregularity to the on duty staff.
- The staff offices are off limits to members unless permission to use them is given.
- Staff may use the facilities for personal workouts if they do not interfere with the needs of the members.
- No equipment my leave the fitness facility without approval from the Fitness Director.
The on-duty staff has authority over all weight room conduct and use of equipment. Violation of any of the above may result in a suspension from the facility and possible loss of membership.
Kids Club is currently unavailable at this time.
Please make childcare arrangements before coming to the J. Children may not be left in cars, be brought to the fitness center, or left in the hallway.
3 months – 9 years (up to 2 hours/day)
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 12 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 8 am – 1 pm
- Monday – Wednesday: 5 – 8 pm by reservation only
PRICING PER FAMILY
- $5/hour for J Members
- $7.50/hour for non-members
Call 214-239-7186 by 11:30 am to reserve a spot for the evening. Parents MUST remain in the JCC at all times while child is in the Kids Club facility. For questions or more information, contact Daniel Taylor, Director of Kids Club, at 214-239-7127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness & Wellness Director
Lavalle Roberts is a native of Indianola, Mississippi. He obtained a B.S. in Drafting and Design technology from Jackson State University where he also played basketball. After years of working as an electrical engineer, he decided to pursue his passion for fitness in 2011. Lavalle’s passion is to see all ages physically be able to continue to do the things they enjoy. 214-239-7155 | email@example.com
- NASM certified personal trainer
- NASM corrective exercise certified
- NASM Speed and Agility certified
- Pre and Post Natal Certified
- Trigger Point Therapy certified
- Kettlebell I and II certified
Classes & Programs
Events for week of June 20, 2021
This Week Navigation
Let's Get Social
[fts_instagram instagram_id=1175881178 access_token=1175881178.da06fb6.0da7826ff3904b67bf0d995d099eec47 pics_count=4 type=user profile_wrap=no super_gallery=yes columns=2 force_columns=no space_between_photos=1px icon_size=45px hide_date_likes_comments=no]