Teen Mitzvah Corps
The Teen Mitzvah Corps is a program (September – May) where a select group of 6th – 8th graders will spend one Sunday a month volunteering. Each month we will highlight a different organization that benefits the Dallas community. Each session will be at least two hours. The first hour will be spent learning about the organization and how they serve the community; the second hour will be spent doing hands-on volunteer work.
Teens will be developing leadership skills, networking, and have the opportunity to see first-hand how these organizations impact our community.
- Grades: 6th – 8th graders
- Members: $50
- Non-Members: $65
- April 11th – Creek Clean-Up with the City of Plano
- May 9th – Bagel Run
- Times: TBD
Now registering for the Spring semester, starting in February and ending in May.
COVID-19 procedures will be in place including masks required and small groups, spread out
Teens may miss one session per semester.
We will be doing a combination of virtual and outdoor community service, some of the of volunteer opportunities we will be:
- Volunteering with adults and teens with special needs
- Volunteering at a food pantry
- Volunteering with the homeless
- Learning the importance of making a financial donation
- Connecting with a Lone Solider in Israel
For more information, please contact Rachel Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org