Future Leaders in Business (FLIB) is an 8-month program for a small and select group of teens entering 10th – 12th grades that will start in the fall of each year. Each month, “FLIB-bers” will be meeting with community members who are leaders in their fields. FLIB-bers will have the opportunity to tour businesses and meet in small groups with presidents and CEOs of companies. The FLIB program aims to empower teens to explore possibilities for their futures.
Applications are now closed for the 2019-2020 session. For questions, please contact Rachel Wagner at email@example.com.
As a member of Future Leaders in Business, you not only represent yourself, but you represent your school, your family and your community. As such, you must conduct yourself professionally. Please read the following statements. After acceptance to the program, you will be asked/required to sign this in a document – click here to view that document.
As a Professional I will…
- Respect others
- Understand there is at least a two-hour a month minimum and pledge to attend at least 6 out of the 8 scheduled meetings
- Commit to engaging in a positive manner at all regular meetings, on all task and assignments
- Serve as a positive role model, both in and out of school
- Maintain professional relationships with ALL
- Turn off cell phones and any electronic equipment in the professional environment
- Dress appropriately (business casual) at scheduled meetings, unless otherwise noted
- Notify staff, team members, and all other appropriate personnel the same day of absence
- Provide proper courtesy notification when running late
- Will be on-time, and whenever possible, 10 minutes early for every meeting, engagement, or event
- Greet all professionals, and all who I meet with a handshake and make eye contact when introducing myself and carrying a conversation
- Display a genuine interest through the art of listening
I solemnly swear to commit myself to the highest level of professional standards, understanding whom and what I represent as a Future Leader in Business member with the full understanding that failure to do so may mean my elimination from the program.
Applications are due Wednesday, August 21.
- September 4 (receive acceptance into FLIB)
- September 19 (opening session at the J with FLIBers & parents
- October 27
- November 3
- December 1
- January 12
- February 9
- March 8
- April 26
- May 3
Sessions after September are presenter sessions; closing session in May (date TBD).