The JCC of Dallas is proud to introduce FLIB, a program designed for 10th-12th graders interested in business, leadership, and future career paths. Join us one Sunday a month as we learn from our community’s top entrepreneurs and professionals as they share tips, tricks, and secrets while developing and strengthening skills for high school, college, and beyond!
The program begins October 15th
Price: $250 members | $310 nonmembers
As a member of Future Leaders in Business, you not only represent yourself, but you represent your school, your family and your community. As such, you must conduct yourself professionally. Please read the following statements. After acceptance to the program, you will be asked/required to sign this in a document – click here to view that document.
As a Professional I will…
- Respect others
- Understand there is at least a two-hour a month minimum and pledge to attend at least 6 out of the 8 scheduled meetings
- Commit to engaging in a positive manner at all regular meetings, on all task and assignments
- Serve as a positive role model, both in and out of school
- Maintain professional relationships with ALL
- Turn off cell phones and any electronic equipment in the professional environment
- Dress appropriately (business casual) at scheduled meetings, unless otherwise noted
- Notify staff, team members, and all other appropriate personnel the same day of absence
- Provide proper courtesy notification when running late
- Will be on-time, and whenever possible, 10 minutes early for every meeting, engagement, or event
- Greet all professionals, and all who I meet with a handshake and make eye contact when introducing myself and carrying a conversation
- Display a genuine interest through the art of listening
I solemnly swear to commit myself to the highest level of professional standards, understanding whom and what I represent as a Future Leader in Business member with the full understanding that failure to do so may mean my elimination from the program.
Open application – Monday, August 10
Close application – Tuesday, September 8
- Info Session – Thursday, November 5
- November 8
- December 6
- January 10, 2021
- February 7, 2021
- March 7, 2021
- April 11, 2021
- May 2, 2021
- May 23, 2021
Sessions after September are presenter sessions; closing session in May (date TBD).
J members: $195
Non Members: $245
Our Future Leaders in Business utilizes J on Wheels to travel to local businesses through the Dallas-area.
Please note: that while in the past we have traveled to meet with our presenters at their offices using J on Wheels, this year’s programs will be held on Zoom for the foreseeable future. If circumstances change and we are able to meet in person, we will make the necessary amendments to the program.