We’re excited to announce that our group fitness classes will begin again on Sunday, June 14, 2020 as part of Phase III reopening. We will be offering a limited amount of classes with limited capacity.
Tuesday, Dec. 31
S&F Facility Hours: 5 am – 6 pm
No other classes offered
- 6:00 – 7:00 am | Master Swim with Chris (Indoor pool)
- 7:00 – 8:00 am | Mat Pilates with Zohar (Mind Body Studio)
- 9:15 – 10 am | Spinning with Julie (Spin Studio)
- 9:30 – 10:15 am | Deep Water HIIT with Marilyn (Indoor Pool)
- 9:30 – 10:30 am | Barbell Core with Cindy (Group Fitness Studio)
- 9:45 – 10:45 am | Flow Yoga Deep Stretch with Marco (Tenergy Room)
- 10:35 – 11:35 am | Beginner Mat Pilates with Zohar (Mind Body Studio)
- 11 – 11:45 am | Boom with Cindy (Group Fitness Studio)
- 11 – 11:45 am | Silver Splash with Marilyn (Indoor Pool)
- 1 – 2 pm | Hatha Stretch with Terry (Mind Body Studio)
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm | Zumba Jam with Gina (Group Fitness Studio)
Wednesday, Jan. 1
S&F Facility Hours: 8 am – 4 pm
No other classes offered
- 10 – 10:45 am | Spinning with Christi (Spin Studio)
- 11 – 11:45 am | Aqua Fitness with Marilyn (Indoor Pool)
- 11 am – 12 pm | Yoga Flow with Marco (Mind Body Studio)
- 12 – 1 pm | Dance Jam with Diana (Group Fitness Studio)
- 1 – 2 pm | Cardio Yoga with guest instructor Lisa Reynolds (Mind Body Studio)
J Sports + Fitness Facility Hours of Operation: 7 am – 1 pm
Thursday, Nov. 28
All classes are open to members and non-members.
No other group fitness classes will be offered.
- 9:15 – 10 am | Spinning: led by Jennifer Wellington & Tanya Hardison (Spin Studio)
9:30 – 10:15 am | HIIT Aqua Fitness: led by Marilyn Harris (Indoor Lap Pool)
10:15 – 11:15 am | Flow Yoga: led by Tanya Hardison (Mind Body Studio)
- 11 am – 12 pm | Zumba Dance Jam: led by Diana McGee (Group Fitness Studio)
We hope you’ve enjoyed our online classes from some of your favorite instructors in the comfort of your own home
but we’re glad to have the opportunity to come back together and start our in-person group fitness classes.
Although our virtual experiences will continue, we will be offering a limited amount of classes with limited capacity at the JCC.
We look forward to seeing you back at the J!
Group Fitness Reservation
We will be using the Spivi App to make reservations for our group fitness classes. This reservation will place you in the desired group exercise class at a specific time. Friendly reminder: we recommend using Google Chrome!
INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD THE APP:
From Web Browser:
- Please go to www.spivi.com to create a login and setup your account.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Spivi to verify your account.
- Click on the link in the e-mail to finish setting up your account.
- Complete your profile in Account & Settings and then go to Account, Facilities and Add Membership/Position
- In the Fitness Club Filed Name, search “aa” and click for Aaron Family Jewish Community Center. On the “Title,” dropdown menu select “Regular Club Member”
- You may also download the app, following the instructions here: https://www.spivi.com/academy/mobile-app-operation-manual/
NEW! Outdoor Fitness Studio
View our Frequently Asked Questions
Group Fitness classes will begin Sunday, June 14th with limited capacity and reservations are required.
- There will be a limit of 21 people (including instructor) in the Group Fitness Studio.
- There will be a limit of 11 people (including instructor) in the Spin Studio.
- There will be a limit of 20 people (plus Instructor on deck) for outdoor pool-aqua fitness.
- There is a limit of 16 people (including instructor) for the outdoor wood area.
Masks must be worn from the Sports & Fitness entrance to the group exercise studios. Face coverings are not required but will be highly recommended for all group fitness participants and instructors.
Hand sanitizer and disinfecting gym wipes will be freely available to instructors and guests. There will be a 30 minute shut down between classes to clean each studio.
For attendees using hand weights in strength classes, after usage place weights in the used equipment bin.
You will enter through the set of doors in the hallway closest to tennis and you will exit through the set of doors next to B-Ball Court 3. Both sets of group fitness doors and the door to Spin will remain open at all times.
No, fans will be operating in any classes in either studio.
Yes, please bring your own mat for yoga classes.
- Instructors will remind group fitness attendees to be aware and practice social distancing and to maintain at least six feet of separation in the class setting.
- Distancing floor markers are positioned six feet of separation on the group fitness studio floor.
- Spin Studio: specific bike numbers that meet the six feet of separation will be used during the spin classes.
We have so many classes to choose from…where will you start? See below to help get started!
Spivi® turns traditional indoor cycling sessions into a fun and thrilling experience. Group activity is monitored in real-time by Spivi’s core engine which simulates an outdoor riding experience projected on screen. Riders can see their personal avatars on screen, track their training goals, and gain better results over time. Spivi® saves performance data on a personal and group basis for each session. Riders can access their performance records anytime, anywhere on their phone.
REVOLUTIONARY, HIGH-INTENSITY, LOW-IMPACT WORKOUT.
Without getting too technical, you only get what you give. Speedflex machines respond to you. Suitable for anyone of any age or fitness level, Speedflex enables everyone to exercise at high intensities, but at levels
set by each individual. This coupled with the added benefit of little (or no) post training muscle soreness; Speedflex is efficient, enjoyable and delivers a cardiovascular and resistance workout simultaneously.