Create and perform in your own production!
Camp StarPower is a two-week camp where campers will create, design, and perform in an original musical production that they develop. Our focus is to develop our camper’s creative talents and performing arts skills while introducing them to the art of collaboration and the behind-the-scenes process of developing an original theatrical work of art through a specialized and empowering experience. Join us as we encourage and inspire our campers in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment to dig deep and dive into all aspects of ones’ creative-self!
Campers will experience rehearsals in a professional dance studio and stage. In addition, the multi-talented Cherish Robinson, who has worked with the likes of Elle King and Erykah Badu, will lead the campers through this creative journey.
You must be a J member or join as a Camp Friend to register for summer camp.
NEW This Summer
The StarPower experience is uniquely different than any other camp in the DFW area, offering a specialized, empowering process in a performance driven environment taught by performing arts professionals
- Three weeks of sheer creative expression, mindfulness, collaboration, artistry, and fun!
- Daily highlights
- Morning energy circle
- Breakout sessions: dance, song-writing, voice, acting, workshops: team-building, creative brainstorm, and more
- Community lunch
- Writing lab
- Special events: Carnival Day, visiting guest artists
The StarPower Experience
Taught by some of the best professionals in DFW, Camp StarPower teaches performing art skills while campers are also an integral part of creating their very own production from the ground-up.
Campers will be engaged in:
- The art of creative collaboration
- Developing the artistic blue print of the production
- Team-building and group dynamics
- Mindfulness and self-awareness
- Creativity through writing, singing, dancing, and performing in the final original production
- The everlasting bonds of friendships and personal discovery made will positively impact our camper’s lives forever
Two Weeks: Monday, July 27 – Friday, August 7
Hours: 9 am – 4 pm
Extended care: 7:30 – 9 am and/or 4 – 6 pm
Entering grades 3 – 9
Register on/before March 1
Register between March 2 – May 1
Register after May 1
Bundled pricing is available when combined with other camps; see registration form for details.
|9:00 am||Campers arrive|
|9:25 am||Campers transition|
|9:30 am||Specialty Activity 1|
|10:15 am||Camper transition|
|10:20 am||Specialty Activity 2|
|11:05 am||Camper transition|
|11:10 am||Specialty Activity 3|
|11:55 am||Campers transition|
|12:00 pm||Lunch and free time|
|12:45 pm||Daily group meditation|
|12:50 pm||Writing lab|
|1:05 pm||Camper transition|
|1:10 pm||Production meeting, creative collaboration, & rehearsals|
|4:00 pm||Camp over|