Fostering healthy social and emotional development in our littlest campers!
- Our focus is first and foremost on growing campers’ sense of self and understanding of kindness.
- STEAM learning opportunities through hands-on activities: learning specialists in nature, gardening, music, art and movement.
- We will nurture the growth of both existing and new friendships.
- Campers ages 3 and up (must be potty trained) go to our outdoor pool four days a week for group swim lessons offered by our very skilled aquatic staff! Our younger children experience the outdoor water play area.
- Our days are jam-packed with meaningful moments that keep your children involved and loving life, while being immersed in Jewish values and culture.
- Camp counselors spend their days providing nurturing interactions to make sure children are happy and making friends.
- We begin every day with a sing-along filled with ruach (spirit).
- Daily group swim lessons following the SwimRight Method® curriculum patented by four-time Olympic Gold Medalist Lenny Krayzelburg, founder of the LK Swim Academy.*
- Engage your mind with science experiments and investigation of STEAM activities.
- Naturescape exploration on our newly ENHANCED Naturescape.
- Music, movement, zumba, yoga, art, animals, and more.
- Camp continues (extended day) and Stay & Play options.
- Ages 2 – Pre-k (must be 2 by May 31, 2019)
*Three year olds must be potty trained to swim in our large outdoor pool.
- Session 1: June 11 – 28
- Session 2: July 1 – 19 (no camp July 4)
- Session 3: July 22 – August 9
Hours: 8:45 am – 12:45 pm and Extended day 7:30 am – 6 pm
M/W/F options available for 2s & 3s
Half-day (8:45 am – 12:45 pm)
Register on/before March 1
- One session: $1,026
- Two sessions: $1,704
- Three sessions: $2,295
Register between March 2 – May 1
- One session: $1,131
- Two sessions: $1,866
- Three sessions: $2,520
Register after May 1
- One session: $1,206
- Two sessions: $2,004
- Three sessions: $2,682
Full-day (7:30 am – 6 pm)
Register on/before March 1
- One session: $1,698
- Two sessions: $2,712
- Three sessions: $3,735
Register between March 2 – May 1
- One session: $1,833
- Two sessions: $2,910
- Three sessions: $3,987
Register after May 1
- One session: $1,926
- Two sessions: $3,078
- Three sessions: $4,212
- Have you turned in your forms: Health Card, Emergency numbers, Allergy notification, Carpool info, & Sunscreen permission slip?
- Do you have your camp bag ready? Is everything labeled with your child’s name (EVERYTHING, including socks & underwear)?
- Did you include an extra set of clothes (labeled) and a bottle of sunscreen (labeled) for us to re-apply as needed?
- If you have chosen not to sign up for the hot lunch program, have you packed a lunch for your child?
- Did you leave your toys at home? Toys should not be sent to camp.
- Did you check your child’s camp bag? Remember to replace wet bathing suits and towels daily. (Please send a plastic bag for wet suit!)
- Did you come to camp dressed for swimming and with sunblock applied?
- Medications should be brought to the office and NOT sent in your campers’ bag.
- GET READY FOR A SUMMER OF KINDNESS AND FUN!!
Your counselors THANK YOU in advance for all your help and support!
|9 – 9:15 am||Table activities|
|9:15 – 9:30 am||Sing-along|
|9:30 – 10 am||Snack|
|10 – 10:30 am||Swimming|
|10:30 – 11 am||Play on the Naturescape|
|11 am – 12 pm||Activities: gardening, art, music, hayrides, science, horse-riding, J-fit, yoga, animals, petting zoo, buddy time with Teen Travel Camp|
|12 – 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 – 12:45 pm||Closing circle|
Activities will vary depending on group, day, week, and session.
Packing a lunch for your child can be a daunting task even without Kosher rules. Here are some things to remember: Please avoid sending pork products and shellfish. Also please avoid mixing lunch items that include dairy and meat in the same meal. For example, packing a turkey sandwich or chicken nuggets with cheese or yogurt is not a Kosher-style lunch. If you decide to send meat, good options to send as sides are fruit and veggies.
Many parents find it easier to send all vegetarian lunches, so we have compiled a list of popular lunch items (though there are many, many more out there!). Please be sure to call or email with any questions or if you have a new idea to add to the list!
- Applesauce, sliced fruit, or a fruit cup
- Bagel with cream cheese/spread
- Bean or vegetable burrito
- Cereal with milk in a separate container
- Cheese and crackers or cheese sticks/string cheese
- Cheese quesadillas
- Egg or tuna salad
- Eggs – scrambled, hard-boiled, or in an omelet
- Fish sticks
- Fresh fruit/fruit salad
- Hummus and pita
- Mac-and-cheese (or another pasta item brought in a thermos, such as spaghetti)
- Pasta – with sauce or as a salad with cheese, egg, tuna, and/or veggies
- Peaches or bananas in sour cream, yogurt, or cottage cheese
- Pizza or pizza bagels
- Sandwiches: cheese, almond/cashew/nut/sunflower, peanut butter & jelly (or bananas or celery), hummus, tuna, egg salad, cream cheese (with cucumber or jelly)
- Tofu dogs (“not dogs”) or tofu “chicken nuggets”
- Vegetable soup
- Vegetarian lasagna
- Veggies & dip
All faiths and families are welcome at the J. Camp Simchah is open to children as young as 2 (as of May 31, 2019) through Pre-K.
Camp Mommy & Me is open to children ages 12 – 24 months and takes place on Tuesdays and Thursday from 9:30 – 11:30 am. Click here for more information!
Our J Baby programs are available to parents and their newborns – 12 months. Check out our J Baby page for more information.
Camp Simchah takes place in 15 of our Goldberg Early Childhood Center classrooms, and priority registration is given to students who are currently enrolled year-round. Once the priority window closes, our J Members receive their own priority window before registration opens to the community.
If you want to enroll your child in Camp Simchah, we strongly encourage you to submit your registration on Camp Party Day, which is Sunday, January 20, 2019 from 12:30 – 2:30 pm. J Member registrations are processed first, then Camp Friend (a membership during your paid camp weeks only) registrations are processed one week later in the order they were received.
We offer half-day (8:45 am – 12:45 pm) and full-day (7:30 am – 6 pm) options as well as a prorated rate full-day through 4:30 pm. Our Stay & Play operates from 1 – 4 pm (for ages 3 – 4 only).
For 2 and 3-year old campers, you may register for our Monday/Wednesday/Friday option. Tuesday/Thursday requests will be wait-listed, and we will contact you to confirm availability and pricing at a later date.
Lunch is not included at camp, so we recommend sending a kosher-style sack lunch with your camper’s name on the outside. Please do not send any pork, lard, or shellfish products. Lunches should be either dairy or meat – these products should not be mixed within the same lunch sack.
We have partnered with Fino, a kosher dairy, vegetarian and vegan restaurant that will deliver lunches directly to camp. Orders must be received no later than the Wednesday before they week you wish to begin delivery. Questions about this program should be directed to Fino at 972-931-9500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kosher snacks and milk and water are provided.
Your camper should come dressed in their swimsuit and a base coat of sunscreen already applied, and they should bring a labeled change of clothes, sunscreen, and a towel. Water safe shoes are a good idea for water play on the Naturescape. Twos should come ready to swim in their regular diapers; we will change them in to their swim diapers before swimming.
For safety, tennis shoes are best, and sandals are okay. All shoes MUST have backs.
Yes, but please make sure all treats are in their original packaging and have a recognized kosher symbol.
Children are placed by age in groups named Gan _____.
“Gan” is Hebrew for garden.
Potty-trained Campers in the 3s and Pre-K groups participate in swim lessons Monday – Thursday through our onsite Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy (LKSA). This abridged camp curriculum teaches excellence one stroke at a time with the comprehensive and result-driven SwimRight Method®. The curriculum stresses water safety and provides an environment where swimming is respected, healthy and fun. Learn more about our swim academy at jccdallas.org/lksa.
Twos will participate in water play Monday – Thursday on the Naturescape.
One of the best things about being part of the GECC is the access to the enrichment class at the J. We have offerings including dance and a variety of rotating enrichment classes.
Our counselors use an app called Remini to send daily pictures and communicate about the children’s day. We also use a mixture of the J Camp app, emails, and written orange notes to update parents.