Get Ready for an Amazing Summer!
Are you ready for an amazing summer? We are! With only a few weeks before camp starts, our specialty staff wanted to say hello and give you a behind-the-scenes look at some of the activities they have in store for you!
So, get ready to PERFORM…DANCE…SING…ACT…CREATE…and so much more! Your camper is about to STAR in the leading role of a summer experience that entails learning new skills, having so much fun, and making friendships and memories that will last forever.
Make sure to see the Important Reminders & Updates section I placed below the videos!
JPAS & Camp Director, Producer
Choreographer and Dance Specialist
Voice Specialist & Music Director
Meet Our General Counselors
Logan Beutel graduated from Southern Methodist University with a major in Theatre with an emphasis in Acting. Past experiences at JPAS include being a counselor at Camp StarQuest 2021 and dance captain of Mary Poppins JR. In addition to theatre, Logan enjoys playing gigs with his band, competing in and teaching ballroom dance, and spending time with family. Logan is so grateful he had the opportunity to work on Matilda JR this spring to help our bright young artists reach their potential and encourage them to do what they love! He is looking forward to having an amazing summer at Camp StarQuest!
Trinity Coursey recently graduated with a degree in Musical Theatre from KD Conservatory. Trinity was recently in the musical Gypsy at MainStage Irving. You might also find Trinity working sound at Pocket Sandwich Theatre. When Trinity is not working on theatre, Trinity is making coffee at Summer Moon Coffee. Trinity recently was the ASM for Matilda JR where she got to know and love so many of our wonderful JPAS Kids. Trinity can’t wait to make StarQuest 2023 the best summer yet!
Elora McLeod is a local actor, songwriter, and playwright. You may have seen them earlier this year in Be More Chill as Jenna Rolan with Junior Players. Other favorite past roles include Martha Dunnstock in Heathers, Robbie the Stockfish in Urinetown, Leaf Coneybear in Putnam, Zazzalil in Firebringer and many more. Recently Elora was a part of our Matilda JR production team and had a blast contributing to our JPAS students’ success. Even though these kids were little, they sure can do a lot. They are beyond thrilled to be a Camp StarQuest counselor and spend the summer having fun and dreaming big!!
Penelope Richards is a recent graduate from KD Conservatory for Film and Dramatic Arts. Though she usually prefers working on camera, the stage does have a special place in her heart. Penny was an ASM for Matilda JR and her first experience working with our JPAS family was awesome! She is so excited to continue her JPAS journey with us this summer at Camp StarQuest!
Sophia Hensen will be attending Loyola University in Chicago to major in Theater and double minor in Musical Theater and Shakespeare Studios. After college, she plans to pursue a career in the performing arts and then teaching. She loves theatre and especially loves JPAS. Sophia is a returning counselor and past JPAS student. You may have recently seen Sophia as Ms. Honey in Matilda or last year as Mary Poppins. She can’t wait for another spectacular summer at Camp StarQuest!
Camp Schedule & Calendar
Important Reminders & Updates
- Camp starts on Monday, June 5.
- Friendly Reminder – Mandatory Forms are Due Friday, May 12 – All these forms are found on CampDoc. The software used to register your camper is campdoc.com. If you have any issues logging into your account, please email the Director of Camping Services, Josh Goldstein at email@example.com
- Auditions will take place on the first day of camp in the afternoon. They do not need to prepare anything for auditions. Just be prepared to have fun.
- Tech rehearsals will take place on Friday, June 23, Monday, June 26, Tuesday, June 27, and Wednesday, June 28th. It is super important and mandatory, campers DO NOT miss camp on these dates.
- Overall, please note, that Camp StarQuest is a musical-intensive summer camp experience fused with a traditional camp philosophy – that culminates with a fully staged production for family, friends, and the community. Therefore, it is important campers attend every day of camp unless they are sick. PLEASE DO NOT MISS CAMP! 😊 We’ve got a ton of accomplishing, lots of fun and laughs to be had, and a lot of artistic skills to be learned.
- The final performance will be on Wednesday, June 28th at 6 pm. ALL CAMPERS MUST ATTEND.
- Please make sure you read the Guide Book.
- Camp StarQuest campers will sign in and begin their day in the Big D room.
- If you filled out an authorization form for dispensing medicine, please print the form off from campdoc.com and have your camper personally hand it to your camper’s counselor.
- Bring a water bottle. It is important our stars stay hydrated.
- No open-toe shoes or sandals. Please wear sneakers and if you would like bring dance/or jazz shoes.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable to move, dance, and rehearse in.
- The week of May 29th we will send an email letting you know who your camper’s counselor is.
- Please review our cell phone/iPad policy with your camper. Cell phones and iPads are not to be used by the campers during camp hours unless permitted by StarQuest staff.
- Please download and reference the Dallas J Summer app often for camp pictures and alerts such as inclement weather, carpool changes, etc. You can download it on the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can also visit the J Facebook page, JDallasCamps Facebook Page, or jdallascamps.org during camp for all camp alerts regarding inclement weather, and carpool changes, as well.
- Before and after-care children are either dropped off or picked up in the lodge. Details in Guidebook.
- Carpool Tags and Car Tags: If your camper(s) is carpooling (Carpool Tag) with other families please fill out the carpool tag form on campdoc.com and log into your account. Soon you will be able to visit the camp website to find detailed information about carpool procedures that will help answer any questions you may have. You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions anytime.
- If you are on Facebook, please become friends with J Performing Arts page and our JPAS Dallas Instagram. We will be posting pictures throughout the camp.
- Again, the Musical Production Finale is Wednesday, June 28th at 6 pm. The performance is open to friends, family, and the community. More details to follow.
- Battle of the Stars: Two action-packed days of complete and utter fun – June 29th and June 30th. Please do not miss these days either. They are super fun and important because our campers have closure at the end of camp. After Battle of the Stars, on the last day of camp we have our big song fest… announce the winner, and have an end-of-camp finale that includes our final appreciation circle tradition which ends in hugs and often tears because we don’t want the summer to end.
- Please mark your calendars. We will be having a Camp Parent Night via Zoom on May 30th at 7:00 pm. Join us: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82861996619?pwd=UTFsUHM5L3BKU2RaZDRuS2pwM2VMUT09
Can’t wait to make memories that last a lifetime – see you on Monday, June 5!
Director Camp StarQuest