It was great seeing everyone on Sunday. Thank you to everyone who attended the parent meeting. Your positive energy was received and greatly appreciated.
This year we definitely have a group of rock star, get-it-done parents out there. Everyone who sent in their bio on either Sunday or Monday – congrats! Because you all did such a good job, all bios that I received by end-of-day Monday, January 20 will receive an additional complimentary ticket! It will be waiting for you at Will Call on the day of the performance. Your effort is noted and greatly appreciated.
The energy was high and the excitement in the air from our actors was fantastic. The first rehearsal is always centered around “breaking the ice” with our fellow actors and staff members and diving into our theater process.
We started off the day with a meditation centering around releasing our limiting beliefs and tapping into all the amazing creative talents we have and tapping into all of the unknown “hidden creative treasures” that live inside us that need to be unleashed and explored.
We then played a super fun theater bingo game that got everyone out of their seats, making friends, asking questions and doing all sorts of fun improv. We then spent time cultivating the culture and environment for which our creative journey will flourish. This included the vision for the show, program, and expectations. We then broke out into our two casts, Hakuna and Matata, and played a theater game to release any last-minute jitters before we learned what our roles were. Afterwards, we created a pride name for each cast. Both casts reunited and we did a full-on double cast read through, including singing songs! Oh what a busy, fun, and exciting day we had.
Electronic Resource Library
Practice at home and use our ERL (Electronic Resource Library) with music and choreography that we will learn each week. The ERL link has all the sing-a-long and performance tracks as well.
Please encourage your actors to listen to the music and read through their script. The more they absorb at home, the more productive our rehearsals can be.
Rehearsal – Sunday, January 26
- Everyone should arrive promptly at 1:30 pm
- Matata cast will meet in the Senior Assembly
- Hakuna cast will meet in Fruhman B
- Pick-up will be at 5:30 pm in the lobby
- Please remind our performers to bring their scripts, folder, pencil, and a highlighter
- Please pack a healthy snack and a water bottle
- Wear clothes you can easily move in with sneakers or bring your jazz/dance shoes
Important Dates & Reminders
- Sunday, February 2 is when we will be taking head-shots for both casts. Please make sure your actor is camera-ready!
- Wednesday, February 5 – actor bios are due. I will send reminders, but at the end-of-day February 5 if we have not received your actor’s bio, they will not be included in the playbill. Click here to look at a sample format/instructions on how to send in your actor’s bio.
- Wednesday, February 5 – actor Playbill Ad/Messages are due. Think of our playbill as our annual fundraiser. Your actor will get a memory of a lifetime and the proceeds from all playbill ads help fund our amazing performing arts program. The playbill is a great way for a relative who is unable to attend to send a note of support, or utilize this opportunity if you own a small business. Placing an ad in our playbill is a strategic way to reach the community. Click here to purchase your playbill ad and learn more.
- I encourage you to please take care of both the bio and playbill ad now. Knock it off your to-do list and feel like a rock star.
Please do your best to provide healthy snacks, low in sugar. Healthy, low-sugar snacks help to keep our performers engaged, focused, and on task. We will not be using the vending machines. Again, please pack a water bottle too!
Follow us on Social Media
Tickets Will Be Online Soon
I look forward to seeing you work your magic on social media. All families will receive one complimentary ticket per actor. Purchased tickets will be waiting for you at Will Call on the day of the performance.
The Count Down for Summer Camp 2020 has Begun
Registration opens this Sunday, January 26 at 8:30 am for members. Camp friends can also send in their forms, but they will be dated and time stamped. Members receive priority registration. Remember our performing arts camps have limited space. We want to see you this summer, so please register today to save your spot!
- Click here for to learn more about JPAS Camps, StarQuest, and StarPower
- Click here for registration forms
And, I want to close by saying thank you! We appreciate you being a part of our JPAS family. I left our meeting on Sunday feeling energized to raise our bar even further.