Golda’s Balcony, The Film
Online ticket sales have closed; tickets may be purchased at the door for $16.
Limited seating available.
2019 / 86 minutes
Directed by Scott Schwartz
- Audience Award – Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival, 2019
- Audience Award – Pittsburgh Jewish Film Festival, 2019
- Audience Award – Charlotte Jewish Film Festival, 2019
- Audience Award – Honolulu Jewish Film Festival, 2019
- Best of the Fest – New Jersey Jewish Film Festival, 2019
- Best Feature – Audience Choice at The New Hampshire Jewish Film Festival
Studio Movie Grill Spring Valley
The play, “Golda’s Balcony”, portrays the amazing rise of Golda Meir from Russian schoolgirl to American school teacher to Prime Minister of Israel. The main focus of the play is on the period surrounding the 1973 Yom Kippur War, when Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Tovah Feldshuh gives an award-winning performance as Golda, which she went on to repeat over 500 times, on and off Broadway. A rare multi-camera shoot from the play’s original run was recently unearthed and assembled into this riveting motion picture. We are extremely fortunate to have David Fishelson, producer of “Golda’s Balcony”, to conduct a talk-back after the film.
Do not miss the motion picture of the longest-running one-woman show in Broadway history. In Elie Wiesel’s words, “Tovah Feldshuh’s performance is brilliant. Everyone should see ‘Golda’s Balcony’, it’s a miracle”.
Talk-back: Dave Fishelson, Producer Golda’s Balcony
Encore screening: Wednesday, September 25 @ 1 pm
Jewish War Veterans of the United States – Dr. Harvey J. Bloom Post 256