Ease and convenience is the name of this game. The crockpot is an all-star in my house! For the chef (me), it provides an easy way to make healthy food. And, for my family, it provides healthy, delicious food to eat.
Really the only time consumption that goes into these meals is the prep work (slicing and dicing)…well and then devouring said meals. If you pop your ingredients into the crockpot in the morning, you have a tasty meal for dinner that night and for many nights to come. These meals also make great leftovers for lunch to take to work the next day.
- Prep your ingredients the night before – chop any veggies, measure out spices, portion dry ingredients, etc.
- If you’re feeling ambitious, double your recipe ingredients and freeze one batch for future use.
- Step outside your comfort zone – feel free to get creative with your recipe and include ingredients that aren’t listed (think adding leafy greens, extra kick of spice, sweet/salty, etc.).
8 Healthy Crockpot Recipes
- Baked Apples #anappleaday #4ingredients #antioxidants
- Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal #wakeuptobreakfast #protein
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili #glutenfree #highprotein #filling
- Vegetable Curry #flavorful #anti-inflammatory #spicy
- Lentil Sweet Potato Soup #lotsofveggies #vitamina #filling