Camp Carpool, Drop-off, & Pick-up Procedures
Click here for Camp Simchah procedures.
ONE CARPOOL FOR ALL SCHOOL-AGED CAMPS!
Chai, Gymnastics, Sports, Tennis, J Performing Arts, Teen Travel Camp
Camp Hours: 9 am – 4 pm daily
- Car Tags: all camp cars must have a camp car tag. Camp car tags will be used for entering the J and for carpool purposes. Camp car tags will be ready for pick-up at the Main lobby Front Desk starting Sunday, June 2 during regular business hours. For Camp Chai families, camp car tags will also be available for pick-up at the Camp Chai Orientation on Wednesday, June 5.
- PLEASE BE PROMPT: In the morning, it is best to arrive during the carpool times so that your camper starts the day with their group. In the afternoon, any campers not picked up when carpool ends will automatically go to Extended Care in the Lodge and you will be charged $10 per hour, with no proration for partial hours.
- Morning Carpool is from 8:45 – 9 am. ALL CAMP CARPOOLS WILL USE THE FAR RIGHT LANE AND ALL CARS MUST HAVE A CAMP CAR TAG TO USE THIS LANE. Follow the signs to drop-off; all campers must exit from the driver’s side of the car. Proceed to Valleydale to exit.
- Late Drop-off Procedures: If you arrive after 9 am, you must bring your camper to Camp Central to sign-in (required) and they will be taken to their camp. Parking in the Tennis spaces and walking across the carpool line to drop off or pick up your child is not permitted. You may park in the main lot and come in the main lobby entrance to drop off or pick up.
- Afternoon Carpool is from 3:45 – 4 pm and will follow the same procedures as morning carpool (see #2 above).
- Late Pick-Up Procedures: Any campers not picked up when carpool ends will automatically go to extended care in the Lodge and you will be charged $10 per hour, with no proration for partial hours. If you arrive after carpool has ended, please follow the signs to pick up your child from aftercare.
- Early Pick-Up Procedures: We do not recommend early pick-up, as it can be very disruptive to the campers’ day. If you must pick up your camper early, they must be picked up before 3 pm or picked up in regular carpool starting at 3:45. To pick up early, send an email no later than the day before to email@example.com with the following information: camper(s) names, camp(s)/tribe(s), time you will be picking up, and who will be picking up the camper(s). We will have your camper waiting in camp central at the time you specify, so please be prompt. YOU MUST GO TO CAMP CENTRAL TO SIGN YOUR CAMPER OUT. If you must pick up your camper for unforeseen reasons, we will do our best to accommodate requests sent at least 2 hours prior to pick-up. Requests sent less than 2 hours prior to pickup will require at least 15 – 20 minutes to bring your camper to camp central, so PLEASE PLAN AHEAD.
- Carpooling with Other Families: You must complete the carpool form here no later than Wednesday, May 30. Please list all names and camps attending. Single family carpools still need a car tag, but will not need to complete the carpool form.
- In case of inclement weather, all drop-offs and pick-ups will be in the front of the JCC Main Lobby. Check our Facebook page or the JCC Camp website for updates.
Things to Remember
- Make sure your camp car tag is always visible.
- Please have your J Membership Card or Camp Friend Card with you at all times in the JCC building.