Are you ready for an amazing summer? We are! With only a few weeks before camp starts, our specialty staff wanted to say hello and give you a behind-the-scenes look at some of the activities they have in store for you!
So, get ready to PERFORM…DANCE…SING…ACT…CREATE…and so much more! Your camper is about to STAR in the leading role of a summer experience that entails learning new skills, having so much fun, and making friendships and memories that will last forever. Make sure to see the Important Reminders & Updates section I placed below the videos!
StarQuest Specialty Staff
Performance Director & Choreographer
Meet Our General Counselors
Cate Ginsberg is a junior musical theater major at American University in DC (ask her about her favorite monument). Recently she had the opportunity to work on The Birds, which totally changed her life, as well as multiple student-written works. When she’s not onstage, you can usually find her reading, making tik toks, eating tacos, or biking. This is her 5th (!!) summer at Starquest and she’s excited to be back! See you soon!
Dalton Glenn is a rising Junior in the BFA Theatre Studies program at SMU and he’s very excited to be returning for his second year at Camp StarQuest! He has been working with the JCC and JPAS since the 2018 production of Fiddler on the Roof, Jr. and was an Assistant Stage Manager for The Wizard of Oz, Young Performers’ Edition and The Lion King, Jr! He has been acting since he was seven years old and loves to see kids get so excited about the incredible world of theater. Dalton looks forward to becoming an acting teacher so that he can pass on his knowledge and his love for theater.
Grace Nobles is a rising junior in the musical theatre program at Manhattan School of Music. She is also a proud graduate of Idyllwild Arts Academy’s musical theatre program, where she made her directorial debut with Piggy and the Cocktail Dress and played Bebe Benzenheimer in A Chorus Line. Other favorite roles include Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes and Suzy Hendrix in Wait Until Dark. This will be her second summer with JPAS and she couldn’t be more excited!
Alison Thieberg is so excited to be returning to Camp StarQuest this year! She started out as an intern last year and fell in love with the kids and the program. Alison is a rising senior at Greenhill School and plans to study dance in college. She has been dancing and doing theatre since she was twelve and has performed at The Firehouse Theatre, Dallas Children’s Theater, and The Pocket Sandwich Theatre. She can’t wait to meet the campers and teach them some traditional Broadway choreography!
Camp Schedule & Calendar
Important Reminders & Updates
- Camp starts on Monday, June 8.
- Auditions will take place on the first day of camp in the afternoon. They do not need to prepare anything for auditions; just be prepared to have fun.
- Tech rehearsals will take place on Thursday, June 27, Friday, June 28, Monday, July 1, and Tuesday, July 2.
It is super important, campers DO NOT miss camp on these dates.
- Final Performance will be on Tuesday, July 2 at 6 pm – ALL MUST ATTEND.
- Please make sure you read the Guide Book.
- Camp StarQuest campers will sign-in and begin their day in the Big D room.
- If you filled out an authorization form for dispensing medicine, please bring the medicine and a copy of the form with you to the Big D room and personally hand it to your camper’s counselor.
- Bring a water bottle; it is important our stars stay hydrated.
- No open toe shoes or sandals. Please wear sneakers and if you would like bring dance/or jazz shoes.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable to move, dance, and rehearse in.
- The week of June 3 we will send an email letting you know who your camper’s counselor is.
- Please review our cell phone/iPad policy with your camper. Cell phones and iPads are not to be used by the campers during camp hours unless permitted by StarQuest staff.
- Please download and reference the Dallas J Summer app often for camp pictures and alerts such as inclement weather, carpool changes etc…you can also visit the J website during camp for all camp alerts regarding inclement weather and carpool changes as well.
- Before and Aftercare children are either dropped off or picked up in the lodge. Details in Guidebook.
- Carpool tags and car tags: if your camper(s) is carpooling (Carpool Tag) with other families please click here to fill out the form. Everyone else who will be entering the campus during camp will need to have a car tag and car tag number as well. Carpool and car tags (whichever scenario you are doing this summer) will be available for pick-up on Sunday, June 2. Click here to view procedures that may help answer any questions you have.
- If you are on Facebook, please become friends with J Performing Arts page and our JPAS Dallas Instagram page. We will be sure to post pictures throughout the day.
- Again, Musical Production Finale for Friends, Family and open to the community will be Tuesday, July 2 at 6 pm. More details to follow.
- Battle of the Stars: Two action-packed days of complete and utter fun (July 3 & 5). Please do not miss these days either. It is super fun and it’s important our campers have closure at the end of camp. After Battle of the Stars on the last day of camp we have our big song fest, where we’ll announce the winner and have an end-of-camp finale. That includes our final appreciate circle tradition which ends in hugs and often tears because we don’t want the summer to end.
Can’t wait to make memories that last a lifetime – see you on Tuesday, June 11!
Director Camp StarQuest